Apply for our program.
If you are a high school student in Norman who is interested in our program, scroll down for more information and to fill out our online application form.
Do you qualify?
If you are a Norman high school student enrolled in Norman High, Norman North, or Dimensions and also:
- Are already living independently due to family crisis
- Pass the Ansel Casey test for independent living skills and a mental health evaluation
- Maintain passing grades and attendance, and abide by housing regulations
- Have a job or some means of support
Then you may be eligible for the Bridges program. Fill out the application below to get started.
Bridges Program Expectations
- You are required to get yourself up and and go to school every day. Good attendance, according to NPS guidelines (10 absences per semester) is a requirement to stay in Bridges. If credit is lost due to absences or tardies or if you are dropped from school, you will be asked to leave the program.
- You are expected to make passing grades. This means doing homework, projects, papers, and asking for a tutor, if needed.
- You are required to attend the Life Skills meetings every Tuesday from 4:30-6pm during the school year. There are no Life Skills meetings in the summer or during school breaks.
- You are required to participate in the Career Coaching/ Mentoring aspect of the program by attending events, activities, and appointments.
- You are expected to respect Bridges’ property, including the Student Center, by cleaning up after yourself and following the Student Center rules.
- You are expected to return calls or messages from the Bridges staff and Mentor/Career Coach within 24 hours of receiving a phone call or message. You are also expected to show up for all appointments or meetings.
- You are expected to know and follow all policies, procedures, rules, and expectations provided in the handbook.